Porcigliano Olive Grove at Home: Insider tips to make your home cooking more flavoursome with our homemade Italian basil pesto
This basil pesto is made from scratch with a handful of fresh and flavourful ingredients, and you will be surprised to know that it is much easier than you think and tastes worlds better than store-bought.
Porcigliano Olive Grove is the perfect country house rental near Florence ideal for families and groups of friends. This accommodation is only 25 minutes away from Florence and all the other hidden gems of Tuscany. We are located in the green Mugello valley near Florence, a land rich in history and traditions. The Mugello valley, cradle of P.D.O. and P.G.I. agriculture produce, is rich in local farms markets and is renewed for organic meet, dairy products, Porcini mushrooms, Truffles, olive oil, wine and the Marrone chestnut.
Following up on our traditions, we are proud to share with you our signature recipe for this mouth-watering Tuscan fresh basil pesto.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves*
- 1/3 cup pine nuts*
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic (roasted or fresh)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Blend the basil, pine nuts, cheese, and garlic together in a food processor or blender. Add the olive oil and pulse/process to blend. Scrape down the sides of the blender bowl, and then add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pulse this mixture until everything is blended together and relatively smooth. Taste and add more seasoning and any extra herbs/spices if desired
- Pine nuts add structure to the pesto. If I’m having trouble finding pine nuts, sometimes I’ll swap them for walnuts, pistachios, or almonds. For a nut-free version, try cooked and cooled edamame, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, or sunflower seeds.
- Freezing Instructions: Freeze the pesto for up to 2-3 months. You can freeze it in greased ice cube trays and thaw small portions at a time.
Porcigliano Olive Grove, the ideal vacation rental near Florence is happy to welcome you back with a sample of our signature chocolate chip cookies. A little gesture from our heart.
We’d love to hear from you. Please feel free to comment and share our post with your friends.