A cosy country house in the beautiful Florence hills
B&B Porcigliano is a family-run bed and breakfast offering accommodation in a relaxing, friendly atmosphere.
Porcigliano bed and breakfast is only 20 minutes driving distance to Florence, along the old “via faentina”, between Florence and the green valley of Mugello, and just outside the small village of Polcanto.
It is an altitude of 450 metres, on a hilly landscape surrounded by woods of chestnut trees and with a suggestive view over the valley.
The house is on 3 acres of land with fruit and olive trees. The country style garden with its scents of rose, lavender, oregano and sage provides quiet and relaxing spaces.
Porcigliano bed and breakfast offers three lovingly decorated bedrooms, and furnished with old family furniture in the typical Tuscan style.
Porcigliano is an ideal location for those planning to visit Florence, but is also conveniently placed for those wishing to enjoy a visit to the most interesting and characteristic towns of Tuscany.
An eco-friendly bed and breakfast
When our family bought the property the house has been carefully restored using the principles and materials of the eco-building. Our goal was to create an eco sustainable environment for a better quality of life in harmony with the surrounding territory. Conservative techniques have also allowed us to preserve the stone that represent the oldest part of the house.
- external walls are insulated with cork panels
- natural pigments paints were used to decorate walls, and slaked lime for plastering
- natural waxes and oils were used to treat the terracotta brick floors and all wooden parts
- solar panels generate hot water
- double glazed glass windows
- biodegradable products for cleaning up, for the washing-machine and dishwasher
- A+ electrical appliances throughout the house
- to recycle all waste as much as we can
- to compost all garden and kitchen waste
- low energy consumption bulbs
- rain water from the lake to irrigate
Our delicious breakfast is served using local organic products, including home-made jam.